Wednesday 11 January 2017

Vogue 9067 - a bit of a dud

My quest to make nursing friendly clothes and work out a new style and my new shape, led me to vouge 9067. I was drawn to the boxy white top, because it was feminine and has ruffles with out being twee.

I cut out a size xs based on the finished garment measurements, make sure you check these before cutting because the body measurements had me as and M which would have swamped me.

vogue 9067
Vouge 9067 front


Sadly I don't like this top, I think my fabric is to stiff, it is a medium weight cotton . Also the proportions are just a bit off.

Vouge 9067
Vouge 9067 front

In these photos I have tried to save the top by removing the sleeve flounce and reducing the shoulders, and I have taken some of the width out of the front ruffles but I still wouldn't wear it.

Vouge 9067
Vouge 9067 side

vogue 9067
Vouge 9067 back


I quite like the back but it is not enough to save this garment, I will take the quick unpick to it and try to salvage the fabric which I do like.

Ah well you win some you lose some!

1 comment:

  1. Not quite right as you say, but not a waste of time. It's a good length and neckline shape is flattering IMHO.

    ReplyDelete